Sunday 2 June 2013

ePSXe DualShock Mode (both analogue sticks work with Playpads)




The best Playstation emulator for Android is now even better. Now you can play classics like Medal of Honor, Quake 2 and Alien Resurrection the way it's supposed to be played, with both analogue sticks.

Here's how:


1. Tap Preferences


2. Tap Player 1


3. Select these settings:

Pad Type PSX = DualShock

Gamepad Profile = None

Gamepad ID = NYKO PLAYPAD

Player 1 map buttons = Map controls to your liking

4. Tap Player 1 map axis


5. Select these settings:

Analog Range = Square

Left Stick X = AXIS_X

Left Stick Y = AXIS_Y

Right Stick X = AXIS_Z

Right Stick Y = AXIS_RZ

L2 Stick = AXIS_LTRIGGER

R2 Stick = AXIS_RTRIGGER

That's it.


Now you are ready to select a game and play!

6 comments:

  1. My controller is on and synched to my Galaxy S2 but I can't get the actual button presses to register when I'm trying to sync the controls. All other settings you have listed here are the same as the ones I have except I can't complete the button mapping step. It works fine with any other app I try except this one. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange... Maybe you are having problems with syncing the pad to your device. Have a look at the help page at the top, then try ePSXe again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. having trouble getting epsxe to work with playpad. works fine with other emulators and the playpad works for epsxe menus but doesnt work in games. ive tried HID mode and APP mode. any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing you have to map the 'Mode' key to one of the pad buttons. Mode will switch DualShock off and on. Try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  6. The setting doesn't have Nyko Playpad. What do I do now? I really need both analog sticks to play Ape Escape but only the analog stick on the left appears.

    ReplyDelete